Friday 25 March 2011

Hop Hop Hippity Hop

Oh my God, I'm actually participating in the Friday blog hops. Go me! Even though, I'm really only doing it because I feel like I haven't blogged enough this week, mainly because Anna Karenina and The Stand are taking up about 900% of my concentration, and I haven't read a nice little book in between to review for you. I'm so sorry! But not really hehe. Also, I really like the questions on this weeks hops! So, without any ado at all, here they are...

If you could physically put yourself into a book or series, which one would it be and why?
I've seen a few people answer Harry Potter, and that did pretty much occur to me straight away, BUT I've already been there! Like, seriously, you read the books and you are just unquestionably there, and it's difficult to drag yourself back into the real world at all! So, I'd probably have to go for On the Road- not because I think it's the best written book ever or anything like that (although I did enjoy it) but because of the sense of freedom that is continually there in the book- the way you can throw aside your obligations and just be free and travel anywhere and everywhere, and the entire world is open to you. The same pretty much goes for Travels With Charley, or any kind of road trip across America kind of book... In case you can't tell, that's kind of a big thing that I want to do at some point in my life!


Inspired by the inane twitter trend #100factsaboutme, give us five book related silly facts about you.
How fun! So, just off the top of my head...
1. I read classics when I was far too young to understand them, so I hated them all for a really long time (Pride and Prejudice is my prime example)- now I adore them (in general)

2. My favourite place to read is on a blanket in my back garden in the sunshine... Bliss :)

3. I used to get book recommendations from Sweet Valley High and Babysitters Club books (Seriously... Lila once did a book report on The Great Gatsby, so I decided I had to read it!)

4. I love Stephen King basically better than any other author (except possibly Steinbeck), and I would defend his literary merits to the death.

5. When I read The Bell Jar, I honestly thought for a pretty long time afterwards that I was also crazy- that's one helleuva good book!

Thanks to Crazy for Books and Parajunkee's View for hosting these hops! Let me know your answers to either/both of the questions below!

7 comments:

  1. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! I chose James Patterson's Women's Murder Club and Sookie Stackhouse. I couldn't just pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Ah...what things Sweet Valley and BSC did for us :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I must pick up a SVH book just to reminisce. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I haven't read any in so long... But there are pretty much SVH and BSC books that I have memorised, so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HP occurred to me right away also, but I really like your answer to the hop this week. I love a good road trip novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Travels with Charley sounds fun. I love that typewriter...business teacher in me always loves typewriters. :)

    Stop by my blog if you like....I HAD to name three different books. :)

    Have a fun hop.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete